Thursday, October 25, 2012

Intern Profile on Bridget Mallon


During our first few days in New York, my roommates and I were completely dependent on Bridget Mallon to help us navigate the city. While the rest of us tried to keep up with her fast-paced strides, confused looks splayed across our faces as we entered the subway, Bridget remained confident—interning at Time Out New York last summer had not only allowed prepared her well for her ASME internship at Family Circle, but the experience clearly provided her with extremely useful knowledge about the Big Apple.
             “I love the energy of the city,” she said. “I feel like there’s just this indescribable desire to always be doing something here.” 
            During her time at Ohio University, Bridget has held many responsibilities both on and off campus. Currently, she serves as the editor-in-chief of Thread Magazine, an online publication at OU dedicated to fashion. Bridget also writes and edits for The Glitter Guide, a lifestyle, fashion, and beauty website, and she works on her honors college’s alumni magazine, for which she was previously the editor-in-chief. If that wasn’t enough, Bridget also formerly wrote for her university’s daily paper. The Associated Press Society of Ohio even awarded her third place for best feature writer for a story she wrote on students abusing Adderall.
            Bridget plans to pursue magazine journalism after graduation, and for now she is enjoying her time at Family Circle, which she describes as “absolutely amazing.” She added, “I just feel welcome there. I feel like I’m part of the staff and I feel like I’m valued.” 
-Sarah Lyon, ASME Intern, Colby College
           

No comments:

Post a Comment